We are experienced in reviewing and preparing retail and commercial leases.
We can protect you by:
- Negotiating on your behalf to see fair and reasonable terms of lease;
- Advise you whether the lease reflects the commercial terms you require;
- Ensuring the Landlord has clear title;
- Advising whether a mortgagee’s consent is required.
- Check compliance with the Retail Shop Leases Act.
We can review and negotiate your retail or commercial lease so that you have certainty with regard to the key terms along with the comfort that there no "hidden" terms that will later become detrimental to your business.
Amongst other things, you should consider:
- the initial rent and method of increasing the rent;
- your ability to transfer or assign the lease, and the expense of doing so;
- the possibility of subletting the premises;
- your rights to end the lease if the premises is damaged or destroyed;
- duration of the lease and your right to renew it;
- who pays for outgoing and other charges;
- the types of insurance required and who contains it;
- the consequences of failing to pay rent; and
- ways of resolving disputes.
Contact us for an obligation-free quote